Welcome to the OnePlus 9 series update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9R. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out Oxygen OS updates to the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, with the 9R receiving separate updates.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 9 get Android 12? October 2021 (Estimated)
Latest OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R updates
September 17, 2021: OnePlus is rolling out a new Oxygen OS update (188.8.131.52) to the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. The update adds the September 2021 security patch and also brings the brand new Hasselblad XPan camera mode. There is also a slew of camera-related tweaks and other miscellaneous bug fixes.
See the full changelog below:
- Optimized HDR frame retrieving algorithms and reduced noise in multiple scenes
- Fix the over-sharpening issues in auto mode scenarios
- Improved stability of auto white balance in auto mode
- Optimized auto white balance when shifting between the main and ultra-wide camera
- Reduced over-brightening of images on Nightscape Mode
- Improved the dynamic range in low-light conditions
- Improved success rate when shooting moving objects
- Updated the memory optimization solution and reduced the launch time of the native camera app by up to 50%
- Reduced lag in camera preview and optimized the shutter lag in some scenarios
- Optimized the wireless charging experience
- Updated Android security patch to September 2021
- Fixed known issues and improved stability
As usual, the update will roll out incrementally. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R updates
- July 29: OnePlus is rolling out Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 to the OnePlus 9R. The update adds the July security patch to the phone and also brings the Bitmoji AOD feature that lets users place an avatar on their always-on display screen which changes based on activity and other factors. Fixes for “known issues” are bundled in the update alongside the updated GMS package.
- July 19: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. It added one big feature for Ambient Display users — Bitmoji AOD. This lets users place an avatar on their always-on display screen which changes based on activity and other factors. The update also Fixed some “known issues” and added the July 2021 Android security patch.
- June 6, 2021: The OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro gained Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 which brought power consumption improvements, and camera tweaks, including an HDR option for video recording on the OnePlus 9 Pro.
- June 4, 2021: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 rolled out specifically for the OnePlus 9R. The hotfix addressed the phone’s power consumption issues “in specific scenarios.”
- May 29, 2021: Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 brought a few camera-related improvements as well as tweaks in general to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
- May 18, 2021: Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 9R. Per the changelog, the update brings a host of system fixes, addresses a Notes sync issue, and improves OnePlus Games, the Gallery, and camera stability. The update also includes the May 2021 Android security patch.
- May 7, 2021: Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 landed on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. It brought improved charging performance, fixed several system issues and network stability, and improved Wi-Fi performance. It also brought improvements to the camera systems’ HDR effects and white balance. The May 2021 security patch completed the changelog.
- April 19, 2021: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 arrived on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. It brought the April 2021 security patch, numerous fixes, and improvements to the camera performance.